RE: Bubble Your Pleasure, Bubble Your Fun

Subject: RE: Bubble Your Pleasure, Bubble Your Fun
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dick Margulis wrote:
> Most people do not buy anything from manufacturers. They buy
> from retailers. And the retailers they are most likely to buy
> from are Wal*Mart followed by a bunch of formerly large chains
> followed by everyone else. And Wal*Mart takes documentation
> _very_ seriously.

The problem with the economy isn't that people are failing to buy from
Wal*Mart. Stores are packed and people are buying retail just fine,
with or without documentation. The problem (for tech writers) is
corporate IT investment, not retail. Wal*Mart (and all big corps)
aren't buying technology. They are still digesting and coasting on the
technology they overpaid for in the '90s.

Supposedly two-thirds of US GDP is consumer spending. So we are all
going to have to go to the store and buy a LOT more crap before
corporate IT starts spending again. This is what CEOs mean when they
describe their outlook as "wait and see."

I agree with Dick's point about Wal*Mart's vendor relations, though.

Mike O.

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com