RE: Acronyms & Abbreviations--Just Say NO!

Subject: RE: Acronyms & Abbreviations--Just Say NO!
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:13:07 -0400

>>And, if I had a nickel (that's a five cent piece American) for every time
>>asked an old hand what a particular initialism meant
>>only to be met with a blank stare, I could have retired
>>five years ago.

Is the blank stare about what does the itialism mean, or is the blank stare
about what do the letters stand in it stand for?

I'll bet there are a bunch of us who write about network topologies know,
without too much thought, what tcp/ip stands for.

John Posada

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com