Re: plain vanilla tech writers

Subject: Re: plain vanilla tech writers
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:50:36 -0700

Goober Writer wrote:

I don't understand how you can be a "plain vanilla"
technical writer and NOT be a recent college grad.

Contractors often work in different technologies, and with different products. It's hard to be an expert in that case.

I'm not sure I'd call it "plain Vanilla", but it's hard to be an SME if you spend six months with NAS products, eight months on SANs, and three months editing IT reports, all for different companies. I'm certainly *familiar* with these technologies - and with others which often dovetail in unique ways, but I'm no SME.

I will admit to having a ton of the "For Dummies" books on my shelf... useful for coming up to speed in a newer contract.

-joanne

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal Writer www.writeangles.com

Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work. - Rita Mae Brown

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com