For you Linux fans

Subject: For you Linux fans
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:47:14 -0400

Animated movie Sinbad created entirely on Linux
"The studio can now do all the front-end and back-end work on Linux, so why
would they want to use anything else?" he asked.
Techwriter tie-in...I find Linux gaining strength from various
directions...if you do documentation that is *NIX-oriented or can be ported
to *NIX, it may pay for you to brush up on your Linux, because it's only
time before your boss comes to you, saying "The next beta of our application
runs on Linux...you know how to document Linux applications....don't you?"
Wouldn't it be nice to immediately say "Sure! What flavor?"

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that
never were; and I say "Why not?"
-----George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah, 1921

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com