Save As in FrameMaker 7.0

Subject: Save As in FrameMaker 7.0
From: <Esther -dot- Asham -at- argodata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:12:25 -0500

Fellow Techwr-lers,

I have brought this issue up before with FrameMaker 6.0. I am dealing with a huge amount of FrameMaker files and I run a script that opens the file and saves it as PDF from FrameMaker. The scripts ran fine with FrameMaker 6.0, of course some challenges were encountered every now and then, but in general, the process ran smoothly.
I recently upgraded to FrameMaker 7.0 and I am unable to save as a PDF at all. I always get the following FrameMaker pop-up error message:
FrameMaker could not find Acrobat Distiller printer instance, which must be installed to execute Save as PDF command.

I do have Acrobat 5.0 installed, any idea what is going on?

Please reply to me and cc the list, I get the digest only.
As always, thanks for your input and help.

Esther Asham

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com