Re: RoboHelp/RoboDemo to create web tutorials?

Subject: Re: RoboHelp/RoboDemo to create web tutorials?
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:19:04 -0400

Why have you chucked out Authorware? It seems like the perfect solution for what you want to do.
I use both Authorware and RoboDemo. RoboDemo is great at capturing screen action and Authorware provides flexible interactivity. There's a free KO by Dazzletech to seamlessly integrate RoboDemo movies in Authorware, and Authorware 7 has the power to convert your piece to XML if repurposing content is truly an issue.

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht

>>> Evelyn G Barker <ebarker -at- uta -dot- edu> 07/22/03 02:03PM >>>

I am creating tutorials for a university library. These tutorials will be
distributed on the web and will include a quiz at the end with scoring. They
will also contain video of screen actions (how to use the library catalog,
etc.).

I'm wondering if it's worth the investment to get RoboHelp, RoboDemo
elearning, and Questionmark for this. My thought with RoboHelp is that I
could reuse the content to target the tutorials to different classes (a
speech class vs. an English class, say). Also, the content will be
centralized. But other than that, I wonder if the RoboHelp suite is
overkill. I don't really want a WebHelp format--more like a slideshow.

I'm hoping any one might have some thoughts on the issue or could tell me
how they effectively manage tutorials.

BTW, I've already discarded the Authorware idea, but I'd love to hear about
other tools.

Thanks,

Evelyn Barker
Instructional Librarian
University of Texas at Arlington
ebarker -at- uta -dot- edu

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com