environment

Subject: environment
From: "Oja, Wayne" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:57:27 -0500

>Guy K. Haas asked:

>I used to think I preferred offices, either one- or two-person ones,
>where solitude was available. After several years in a cube farm, I took
>a job in a company that provided offices. Soon, I realized how much I
>had come to depend on overheard conversations for scuttlebutt about what
>was going on in other projects that could affect the project I was part
>of.

>What says the body? Do you prefer the quiet environment of offices, or
>the more exposed one of cubicles?

Having worked in a cube farm in the past and now having to share an office,
I would lean toward what I had at a previous job that is somewhat of a
combination of the two. The setup had one large open area with four large
L-desks in each corner. The distance from one corner to another corner was
around 20 feet, so large enough to not hear your modular neighbor talking on
the phone and small enough to hold some great "World Ball" tournaments.

But considering that was a unique set-up as compared to the traditional
office layouts, I lean towards having as private an area as possible.

Kelly

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com