RE: How nosy are you?

Subject: RE: How nosy are you?
From: "Oja, Wayne" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:49:33 -0500

>Keith Cronin wrote:

>Seriously, though, I'm in the Margulis camp on this. If I overhear
>something, I'll chime in. But even if I did happen to read something on
>the printer or on somebody's desk, I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing it
>up. If what I read wasn't meant for my eyes, I don't feel entitled to
>comment on it.

>Guy K. Haas wrote:

>OK.. At *our* printer, we often have several print jobs stacked in the
>printer's output hopper. One must thumb through the stack to spot the
>cover sheet that identifies ones own outputs. If, in so doing, I notice
>something that relates to my own duties, I will either make mental note
>of it, to be able to keep my eyes and ears open about it; or, if the
>person is a friend, I *may* choose to ask about the matter. It's a
>judgment call.

I have a foot in each of these camps. I do not "read" anything spitting out
of any of the printers I have access to other than my own manifestos.
Although, I do sometimes see something that pertains to me, I do not bring
it up because I personally wouldn't feel right about it. I guess I see
anything coming out of the printer as confidential information, whether it
be private or company-related.

As for conversations, I first have to get a read on who is in the bull
session. I do not have any sort of unwritten rule, but if I feel I can "add"
to the discussion, I will. If I get the feeling I would be butting in, I'll
leave it alone.

Kelly

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com