Re: Interesting article

Subject: Re: Interesting article
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:42:40 -0700

I was told that they have their
engineers/programmers write the Help content, or hire the occasional outside
contractor.

Even worse -- a dot-com where I formerly worked had a very complicated web site for purchasing their product. If you clicked on the "help" link, it would send an email to a certain mailbox. The company paid some college student to come in a couple of days a week and answer the help emails.

I wonder why that side of the company went out of business :)

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html