FW: "official" term?

Subject: FW: "official" term?
From: <Daniel_Hall -at- trendmicro -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:15:41 -0700

Breadcrumbs :-)

While this isn't the "official" term for it, if you talk to usability people or web-dev, and say that you want the pages to have breadcrumbs, they'll know what you're talking about. Of course, if there are bugs in your code and they eat the breadcrumbs, you'll never find your way home. ;p

Actually, you could call it any number of things - I'm not sure there's a consensus on the name for it... I've heard it called "You Are Here", after the signs in the mall, I suppose. I've also heard it called a "locator", though that was from a pretty nerdy group of wed dev folks.

Small help, I know.


-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-techwr-l-129804 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
[mailto:bounce-techwr-l-129804 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com]On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 7:12 AM
Subject: "official" term?

I think this was covered a couple of months ago, but couldn't find the
answer in the archives. I'm looking for a consensus name for the horizontal
bar that indicates where you are in a business process on a website.

For example, if you're buying tickets to something, this bar might show
"select show" then "select seats" then "payment information" along it. And
wherever you are in the process is highlighted.

So what's that called?

Paul Strasser

Previous by Author: RE: Do you voluntarily develop long-term projects on the job?
Next by Author: RE: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
Previous by Thread: Re: FW: Montreal-based localization firms?
Next by Thread: Need to set global defaults for a .pdx that can be tailored by users

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads