Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:17:12 -0700

"Goober Writer" <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote in message
news:208914 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> WWP will pay for itself in no time - I dunno how much
> maintenance time you are looking at, but in a $50/hr
> contract, you break even after 3 days of saved
> maintenance time.

Gosh, you're so living in the 2-years-ago past. $50/hr? The last contract I
got--here in the Bay Area, where pay is tyically higher than in other
regions--was $25/hr., and I felt lucky to have it. (And this was a place
where I worked on site, using my own equipment, buying my own
software--FrameMaker 7--, and the owner's been 0 for 3 in getting my check
to me within the specified 15 days after invoice.)

Now I'm at a contract-to-staff (possibly) that's paying a bit more than half
of what I made when I was laid off a year ago--and again I'm thankful, not
to mention a lot more careful with my budget.

I'm also having load and loads of fun with RoboHelp 2000. And with content
that was originally written by a marketing person. Ugh.

Chuck Martin