German tech writing contracts

Subject: German tech writing contracts
From: Cassandra Greer <cassandra -at- greer -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:15:50 +0200

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone out there (Jan perhaps?) who freelances in Germany?

I am in need of a sample contract (in German) for a project that could last
for the next 2 to 6 months. Or links to this type of information.

Since I went freelance, all my projects (either translating or tech writing)
have been relatively short and based upon the Offer, Work Order and Bill
system, all very flexible with good communication on both sides. Now I have
been asked to be in a team of three to do a rather large tech writing
project for a large bureaucratic car manufacturer that could go on longer
than we might expect. None of us have as yet done a project using a
contract.

Besides fixing the manhour price in black and white, we would also like to
have in there that we are to be paid in installments, i.e. each month so we
can continually pay rent, etc. And then of course, all the normal things
like the responsibilities of both sides, allowances for the project lasting
longer than planned due to unforeseen variables, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Cassandra :)