Has WebWorks fallen off the map?

Subject: Has WebWorks fallen off the map?
From: "Carolyn Dismuke" <cdismuke -at- salesforce -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:22:08 -0700

We've been interviewing technical writers for an API contract. But of the few applicants that have API experience, NONE have WebWorks experience. They all have Robo, HTML, and many years in tech writing. You'd think in this economy it would be easy.

I thought FrameMaker was the tech writer's tool of choice and WebWorks (although not without its faults) went with it. Is WebWorks too much work? What are people using instead? How do most FrameMaker shops get their docs in online format?