RE: technical writer degree programs

Subject: RE: technical writer degree programs
From: "Westbrook,Beth" <beth -dot- westbrook -at- dhs -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:25:49 -0500

I think the programs need to be more flexible than that. Different students
have different needs.

My B.A. was from a program that required an internship. At that time, I had
no experience, but now that I have more than five years of fulltime
professional experience and am currently employed fulltime, I am glad that
the M.A. program I am currently finishing up this semester offers a thesis
track as an option to the internship. At this point in my career, an
internship would be useless and would require a moonlighter's lifestyle. No
thanks.