Re: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: Re: The ultimate in understatement?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bruce Byfield" <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:41:48 -0700

In the nearly 30 years since I graduated from college, I have only been
asked to take a test for a job application once, in 1991 (for a position
as a manufacturing engineer). When I was finished with the interview,
I was told that I had completed the test in less time and with a higher
score than any candidate they had ever tested, but I didn't get the job.
So much for testing as a candidate screener. :)

As it turned out, it was probably a good thing, because a few years after
that they had an industrial accident that leveled the plant I would have
been working in. Maybe the object of the test was to screen out people
who would have been able to recognize how dangerous the place was...

Gene Kim-Eng