Re: Dictionary

Subject: Re: Dictionary
From: David Tremblay <techwrit -at- mediom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:41:35 -0400

Allan Ackerson wrote:

Don't quite understand your point, Michele. Every dictionary I consulted in
my office (deep in the heart of the States) included at least one definition
of marriage as being between two people, without reference to sex. As a
fundamentalist Christian I'm not offended by a secular definition of
marriage, any more than I would be at the secular uses of other words that
have separate and distinct meaning in theology. Those who are don't have
enough important things to do with their lives. So, why would anyone bite
your head off? Is it made of chocolate?
Cheers!
Al

Because we have in Canada a WHOLE debate on that issue, my point of view is that the big battle over same sex marriage law is all about semantic and occur in western part of Canada, easterners aren't really bored by that. Defining marriage as union of two people in a dictionnary just put some oil on the fire... Semantic always makes debates go bad.

David

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com