Re: Subject: mathematical formulae-punctuation

Subject: Re: Subject: mathematical formulae-punctuation
From: Robert Kidd <director -at- editfast -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 02:49:39 +0900

At 02:32 2003/11/26, Michael Schiesl wrote:
______________

You could also try a search on 'scientific writing'.

It might be impossible to express this information in any better fashion
than what
you already have here. The logical sequence (assume A->then B->therefore C)
seems to communicate just fine (no ambiguity, etc.). My humble feeling is
that
you would have more risk 'botching' the information if you try to 'fix' it.
_________________

Thanks Michael

Your help is appreciated. For some reason I was stuck on the old fashioned word "mathematics" but your suggestion of scientific writing (of course duh!) and others have given me a heap of info to digest. The good thing about this document is that all the formulae are images so I can't mess them up and the author has asked me not to touch them but, as Dick Margulis pointed out, there are some problems here that I will be mentioning to the author.

Thanks again.

Robert Kidd
Director, EditFast
THE DOCUMENT EDITORS
http://www.editfast.com
ANY DOCUMENT ==> FAST!
mailto:director -at- editfast -dot- com
TEL/FAX # : 81-46-255-7027

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com