Context sensitivity and help produced from XML

Subject: Context sensitivity and help produced from XML
From: Faith Weber - ESC <faithw -at- esystem -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L digest' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:32:35 -0800

Hi all,

Please forgive my current ignorance, but so far I've seen info about
XML-based doc and info about Help, with little or no crossover info. I am
considering taking an XML authoring class, but could really use this
practical info in the short term to see whether/how XML would affect my
current project.

-Are any of you using XML to produce HTML-based help for a Web-based
application?

-Is the end product of HTML-based help produced via XML still essentially a
set of HTM files (plus framesets and navigation), or is it a set of XML
files?

-Was context sensivity in place before you moved to XML? If so, were there
any issues with the transition on the development side, such as having to
recode context sensitive links?

Thanks!
Faith Weber