Re: Microsoft Documentation

Subject: Re: Microsoft Documentation
From: Keri Morgret <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:25:51 -0800

Googling "microsoft press" and "framemaker" produces the following:

http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/pdfs/mspress.pdf
To peed publishing and produce the highest quality books and interactive training aids possible, Microsoft Press uses Adobe FrameMaker+SGML 6.0 software and the eXtensible Markup Language (XML) format. The publisher then reuses the XML data to create self-tests and eBooks, and provides the data to other publishers. Microsoft Press writers author titles in Microsoft Word, and then desktop publishers import the files into Adobe FrameMaker+SGML to gain the benefits of a structured environment.

Can anyone point me to definitive authority that disputes that? I really
doubt that MS would use Word to create 965 pages of "Microsoft Visio
Version 2002 Inside Out" and similar titles?