Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started

Subject: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:59:05 -0500

Dick Margulis wrote:
> Wanna see a brilliant example of how you as a writer can cut down on
> call volume to your company?
>.*snip order confirmation letter*
> Think how many times you've questioned a charge on your statement for
> exactly this reason and made a call to the company to find out what it
> was about. Think what the phone charges are for that company, let alone
> the cost of staffing and equipping a whole department just to reassure
> callers that the charge is legit. Look what a writer saved DigiBuy by
> composing a friendly, informative, timely, proactive letter.
>
> Kudos to DigiBuy for this.

Also kudos to the management team who decided to implement the CRM tool that
sent that letter.

Yes the writing is customer-friendly, but notice all the customer-specific
variables in the letter. No matter how good the writing, the letter would
have been much less helpful if it didn't interact with their order database
and insert all the custom info.

Mike O.