My New OpenOffice.org tcolumn

Subject: My New OpenOffice.org tcolumn
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:19:32 -0800

I guess it was bound to happen. A week from Friday, the first article of my first bi-weekly series on OpenOffice.org is scheduled to debut on the Linux Journal web site. The mandate is detailed articles about how to use the OOo office suite, not open source or news about the OOo project.

There's no shortage of topics. However, I thought this list would be a good place to ask for ideas about what should be covered. I'm not thinking of topics that have a single-line answer, such as "Click File > Save" to save a file, but of larger concepts, such as outlining, or working with templates. They could be topics that have baffled you (working on the theory that if this list's members have trouble, then others will), or topics that you wished someone taught you when you were first learning to use an office suite.

Any or all thoughts will be gratefully received. And if the topic is one I haven't thought of, I'll gladly add a credit line at the end of the article to the person who suggested it.

Thanks,

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield