RE: RE: RE: RE: My New OpenOffice.org tcolumn

Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: My New OpenOffice.org tcolumn
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 08 Mar 2004 22:43:47 GMT

No problem, John. It's just that every time I've ever
tried to pitch a tool change that will cost $ to upper
management, at every company I've ever been at, one of
the inevitable parts of the discussion was why I couldn't
do the things I wanted to do with the tools I already
had. It's amazing how much time people at director and
VP levels will spend researching subjects they normally
couldn't care less about (and in most cases, shouldn't)
the moment they become potential budget line items. I'm
really interested in how you managed to pull a tool change
off without having to slog through all that tool vs. tool.

Gene Kim-Eng