re: To index or not to index

Subject: re: To index or not to index
From: Scott Abel <abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:18:42 -0500

There are many great "rules of thumb" index authors should follow. And, just
like any documentation project, there are decisions to make about the index
(how it is structured, what will be included, etc.) that are not decisions
that should be made without some research, audience analysis, and planning.

If you'd like to learn more about indexing, let me know. I'm compiling some
useful resources and am happy to share them with those who have an interest.

Scott Abel
Content Management Strategist
14001 Mimosa Court
Noblesville, IN 46060 USA