RE: Any advice on moving from older Palm device to current?

Subject: RE: Any advice on moving from older Palm device to current?
From: "Bruce Evans" <bruce -dot- evans -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:28:25 -0500

I've had great success with refurbished Palms. However, OS 4 was the great
watershed. Programs that run under OS 3 usually won't run under OS 5 and
vice versa. I have a prescription writing program that is the main purpose
of my Palm. The person who wrote the original program for OS 3 is nowhere to
be found. As a result, I've bought several Palm IIIxe's and have two Palm
IIIc's that all run the software well and will keep me going for the rest of
my professional life.

Six months ago, I bought a Tungsten 3. It's a marvel but couldn't run the
program so I took it back. If you can get the IIIc for a reasonable price,
it's much better screen than the IIIxe. Unfortunately, it has a rechargable
battery that can't beat the convenience and life of the replaceable AAA
batteries in the Palm IIIxe

Bruce

Bruce Evans M.D.
Family Physician and Technical Writer
"Never Underestimate the power of very stupid people in large numbers."