RE: How to deal with a "Closed" group of writers? Take 2

Subject: RE: How to deal with a "Closed" group of writers? Take 2
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:52:21 -0600

I went back and took another look at the original post after reading
some of the comments posted by others in the group.

"Ive always spurned the idea of working with a group of writers. However
hard I try, I usually end up working with one helluva group of writers
... Im zapped by the obnoxious attitude I have to deal with on a
day-to-day basis ... Ive not been able to strike a chord with my peers."

If you are sending the message that you are not happy being in the group
of writers, and then you are "zapped" by how they treat you... I'm not
following that train of thought.

According to the anonymous tech writer, s/he is going out of his/her way
to work on projects alone, but that does not appear to be an option. The
anonymous writer then acts surprised when s/he is not invited to play in
the other writers' reindeer games. Well Rudolph, you made your own bed,
and now you have to sleep in it.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone Service for Verizon Wireless
Why wait until you land to take care of business?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com