Re: Job Offer

Subject: Re: Job Offer
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:30:36 -0500

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com wrote on 02/11/2005 08:00:20 AM:
> Recently one of my friend got a job offer from a reputed IT company.

Well, you are saying they're reputed.

> They are asking him to submit original Passport copy and original
> degree certificate. I never heard company's asking for originals.

I've never heard of a company asking for a passport original or copy. But
I could understand the requirement if travel was part of the job
description. The company wouldn't want to hire someone who couldn't
travel. The only time anyone has been interested in my degree is when I
needed to bring it with me to get through US customs.

Why do they need the passport? Why do they need originals? Why can't a
representative just see the originals and certify copies?

If it isn't common practice in your area, the company should have a clear
and precise justification for the requirement.

If it does come down to leaving originals, make sure to leave with a
receipt from the company saying what they have, the reason they have it,
and the time frame they want to keep it for.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier/s), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par
les présentes avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message.
Merci.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com