RE: "Sheet x of n" for multi-page tables

Subject: RE: "Sheet x of n" for multi-page tables
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:24:36 -0500

We have a table of parameters in our user guides that goes on for some 20 pages. The word "continued" didn't help because you could still lose your place in the table easily.

Rather than using the Table Continuation variable, I use the Table Sheet variable after the table caption. I didn't care for the word "sheet" and didn't know what that would translate to (I didn't want a reference to bedding in our user guides for international customers), so I changed it to say "Page X of Y".

Donna

Donna L. Jones
Technical Writer II
Zebra Technologies Corp.
Vernon Hills, IL
djones -at- zebra -dot- com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com