RE: Client Complaint

Subject: RE: Client Complaint
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

> This is so hard to believe that I think you should regard it as a
> compliment, and perhaps a poorly worded effort at communication
> ("whoa there, I can't get to this for a while. What's the
> timeline?").
>
> Also, perhaps a need to keep the lines of communication open and/or
> discuss timelines? I'd be interested in what others think about
> this whole event (not that we want to over-analyze :-)

Sometimes it is a bad thing to turn something around too much faster
than required. What if the client has the obligation to review the
deliverable and you are sending it to him faster than he can
accomodate it. Now, in the second deliverable, an error is introduced
through no fault of anyone. If was turned around as expected, it may
only be by the third deliverable that it is caught, resulting in
minimal redo. However, if he's still reviewing the second deliverable
and you are on the fifth deliverable, then all that work has to be
redone.

I speak from experience.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com