Re: Why should I be worried about the merger? NOT

Subject: Re: Why should I be worried about the merger? NOT
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:27:50 -0500

Paying 3.4 billion dollars in stock is *not* so Adobe can kill the
major cash cows of Macromedia. I expect Dreamweaver to replace GoLive,
or at least that in a few more versions they may be combined in some
way.

I do expect the drawing tools to disappear, as they are direct
competition for Illustrator and Photoshop.

In my view, the move toward more capable open source apps has drawn
the handwriting on the wall for those companies who do not have a
longer-term potential. Dreamweaver, as good as it is, must adapt along
with everything else to changes in the technology and the market. By
combining the development of several formerly competing products,
savings are possible to support the pricing changes that will be
happening over time.

My primary hope is that Adobe will learn something from the customer
support system that Macromedia has had in place. This is obviously not
one of Adobe's strong suits!

David

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com