Fwd: Final Follow-up

Subject: Fwd: Final Follow-up
From: Anonymous Poster <techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:19:09 -0700 (PDT)

If you want the original poster of this anonymously
forwarded message to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Lisa
lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com with questions.

Bill writes: If you're looking for a "yeah, I feel
sorry for you" then I think you got it. You also got a
"so what are you going to do about it" group of

No, I?m definitely not looking for, ?feel sorry for me
few years and I?ve been amazed by the profound
knowledge and wonderful insight that people have
exhibited. I thought that I could receive some
thought-provoking solutions, such as: ?Were I in your
shoes - and I have been in your shoes - I would make
an appointment with someone at the C level, or at
least as high as I could go that is concerned with
money for the company. I would go to that meeting with
some numbers in hand: The return rate overall and by
product, and the number of support calls per day and
month are 2 that you should be able to find pretty
easily by asking around. And then I would do a
presentation about how much these things cost and what
the expected drop in these numbers might be (even 10%
could be a huge dollar amount) if the docs were
accurate and usable.?

During my time on this list, I?ve seen discussions
such as: should we capitalize acronyms or do you use
appear or display. These topics have come up several
times and I see people are happy to chime in what
works at their company. I was looking for some of the
same support. Was I looking for a pity party?
Absolutely not. I wanted a professional dialogue
regarding how you deal with valid changes that are
disregarded. For me, the topic has turned into
something different from that and I will not be
posting or reading any more responses from this
thread. I thank all of you for your comments.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com