Telecommuting Advice?

Subject: Telecommuting Advice?
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:35:08 -0500

Next week, I'm starting telecommuting part time (every other week on site) and eventually moving to full-time (on site when needed, maybe a week or so every month). I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing even though it will eliminate a 2+ hour daily commute and will allow me to move closer to family. I almost dread the thought of not being in the middle of things every day (see my previous post about our work environment).

Anyone have any advice for someone about to start telecommuting and how to deal with the usual stuff--boredom, distractions, lack of "face time" with others? How do I keep from getting so starved for adult conversation that I latch onto strangers at the grocery store or talk my husband's ears off? How do I keep from rearranging the furniture in the house or doing my spring cleaning when I'm supposed to be working? I'd like to know what's worked for other people.

Thanks in advance,
Donna

Donna L. Jones
--------------------------------------
Technical Writer II
Zebra Technologies Corp.
Vernon Hills, IL
djones -at- zebra -dot- com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com