Is this some obscure but correct terminology?

Subject: Is this some obscure but correct terminology?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...I received the following sentence in some content from a
developer. I've never seen this usage before, so before I rewrite or
question it, I want to know if anyone has ever seen this usage:

"Hydration/Dehydration of an XML structure from/to ASCII format"

I'm not addressing the use of the slashes or the from/to usage. What
I need to know is, is "hydration" and "dehydration" a phrasing that
those who know the secret handshake would find appropriate?

In this case, no water or moisture is involved with the subject, just BizTalk.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."