Re: what are you working on today

Subject: Re: what are you working on today
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:55:06 -0500

Your workday reminded me of my youth on the farm in Michigan (we had goats and horses too). Both my parents were lifelong farmers and while I loved the lifestyle, I have to admit that because of my farm days, I hate chickens, despise them except on a grill....has something to do with cleaning out the chicken coop in the spring.

Al

Peter Neilson wrote:

Ah, it's finally Friday. Or is December a month of Fridays?
That means it's ok for me to write about what I'm doing,
because...

I'm *not* working on tech writing! Instead I'm feeding the horses,
getting the cheap digital camera to interface with my computer,
and jawboning a truck-repair shop that is trying to charge me
about eight times the amount that it should have. Oh, and I have
to go any buy more horse feed now that it's stopped raining.

I also have the list of top-priority stuff that's not getting
done because I'm doing things that are ahead of top priority.
Is that an unusual sitution, or does everyone's life have such
a list? Like f'rinstance the GLUNK noise from the left front
wheel when turning while parked. Or the goats that are overdue
for their deworming medicine. Or the pile of urgent paperwork.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang