RE: User vs. ???

Subject: RE: User vs. ???
From: "Heidi Arnold" <harnold103 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: mmmonfor -at- bf -dot- umich -dot- edu, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:21:58 -0600

My manager is averse to using the term "user" when referring to people
who access our training and/or technical information via the Web.

During my extended stint with online databases, we used the term "user community" or even "patrons" -- both of which which avoid the connotations of various kinds of hard-core "users" reminiscent of the '60s... just a thought.

Heidi Arnold, M.A.
Aspen Editing
developmental editing and copyediting
academic monographs, fiction, and nonfiction
fax: 607-330-1793
hwarnold -at- alumni -dot- reed -dot- edu

project-based workflow. Try it today!

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit

User vs. ???: From: Monforton, Margie