RE: Structuring Documentation

Subject: RE: Structuring Documentation
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:39:10 -0800 (PST)

Sharon:

Are you addressing me? I assume you are because I see
the words "refuse to listen".

Anyways, you very well might be telling me something
important that I have yet to learn. I have to focus
on else for a little while. Please give me a day to
digest your last couple of e-mails. I will then
respond.

Thanks,

Tony Markos

--- Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote:

> What are the basic steps to writing a well formed
> logical argument? Just about
> the same steps at structured writing.
>
> Really, I'm not kidding this time. While a well
> formed argument can be
> formatted
> badly and still be a well formed argument, it will
> fail in it's purpose
> because
> no one can read/understand it. Part of structured
> writing is, indeed, the way
> the writing is structured. It's not to be dismissed
> as "mere formatting".
>
> Well structured information is clear to the reader.
> A well structured
> argument -
> see rhetorical texts for how to form an argument -
> is the basis for structured
> writing.
>
> Can you come up with a set of steps for writing a
> legal brief? If you
> can, then
> why are some considered brilliant by those who know
> and others considered
> mediocre? It's the art part of the process, the part
> that cannot be taught,
> past a certain point.
>
> You want specific steps yet you refuse to listen to
> what we tell you.
> Good luck
> with the straw man arguments and the appeals to
> authority authority arguments.
> They are not good logic.
>
>
> sharon
>
> Sharon Burton
> CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
> 951-369-8590
> www.anthrobytes.com
>
>
>
>
> Quoting Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>:
>
> > What are the basic steps to structured writing
> > (formatting aside)?
> >
> > Tony
> >
> >
> > --- Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
> > wrote:
>
>
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Now Shipping -- WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word!
> Easily create online
> Help. And online anything else. Redesigned interface
> with a new
> project-based workflow. Try it today!
> http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
> Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML
> Source: Author
> content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML
> editor. No
> proprietary editor! *August release.
> http://www.componentone.com/TECHWRL/DocToHelp2005
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
> ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
>
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/ajmarkos%40yahoo.com
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
> Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more
> resources and info.
>
>


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now Shipping -- WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word! Easily create online
Help. And online anything else. Redesigned interface with a new
project-based workflow. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author
content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No
proprietary editor! *August release. http://www.componentone.com/TECHWRL/DocToHelp2005

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40infoinfocus.com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.


References:
RE: Structuring Documentation: From: Sharon Burton

Previous by Author: Re: FrameMaker training
Next by Author: RE: FrameMaker training
Previous by Thread: RE: Structuring Documentation
Next by Thread: RE: Structuring Documentation


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads