RE: Smart answers and useful answers

Subject: RE: Smart answers and useful answers
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:35:42 -0500

> I had caught on by now and was ready to go to another Major
> Electronics
> Retailer. As I turned, the second salesperson delivered what he must
> have thought was the punchline.
>
> "You're not looking for a 'composite cable.' You're looking for a
> COMPONENT cable."

Isn't it possible that the second salesperson, in fact, didn't realize that
was what you wanted until he said it to you?

Maybe the second salesperson thought the first salesperson was repeating
*your* question.

Did the second salesperson in fact hear your initial question?

How far away from the first salesperson was the second salesperson when the
first salesperson asked the second salesperson the question?

Close enough to have heard your original question?

In that case, maybe your interpretation is what really happened.

If not, I suggest there's no basis for assuming what you've assumed.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com