RE: Being Laid Off

Subject: RE: Being Laid Off
From: "Morton, Christopher" <CMorton -at- caiso -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:16:04 -0800

For the record, most jobs I've held were unadvertised. Several came
about as a result of my solicitation, which took various forms. A
jump-start gig came about when I sent a polite letter to a Windows
newsletter publisher letting them know how I would improve the
publication if I were in charge. That led to a great cross-country move
that really helped my kids expand their horizons. After five years and
many raises, I leveraged that gig into something even better.

The long and short of it is, don't let your job hunting be confined to
the "scraps" that everyone else is clawing at when the job you want may
not yet have been created by your new employer.