What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?

Subject: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:22:24 -0500

Hi all

For those of you out there that also wear the graphics designer hats, I have perhaps a simple and silly question.

Assume you have snagged a full sized screen capture, then reduced the size. Granted, things get a bit fuzzy and I don't mind that. I often will later snag a capture of a specific menu item and leave it full size and superimpose it on the screen. Here's where I'm struggling. Both with what the effect is called, as well as how to articulate and ultimately implement it.

My ultimate desire is to have a shaded box or circle surrounding the area I'm zoomed in on. The shading should follow from the location on the scaled down screen to the outline of the zoomed portion.

Because I'm unsure of the actual terminology used to describe this effect, I'm coming up dry when using Google to search for information on possible techniques I can use or maybe even which software has this capability.

advTHANKSance for any insights... Rick :)


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40infoinfocus.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.


Ultimate SOURCE On CaptializatioN Rules?: From: Tony Markos

Previous by Author: Re: Delivery of online help with a J2EE application
Next by Author: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
Previous by Thread: Ultimate SOURCE On CaptializatioN Rules?
Next by Thread: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads