Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?

Subject: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
From: linda_sims -at- vanguard -dot- com
To: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:25:59 -0400

Rick Stone wrote on 05/05/2006 03:22:24 PM:

> Hi all
> For those of you out there that also wear the graphics designer hats, I
> perhaps a simple and silly question.
> Assume you have snagged a full sized screen capture, then reduced the
> Granted, things get a bit fuzzy and I don't mind that. I often will
> snag a capture of a specific menu item and leave it full size and
> superimpose it on the screen. Here's where I'm struggling. Both with
> the effect is called, as well as how to articulate and ultimately
> it.
> My ultimate desire is to have a shaded box or circle surrounding the
> I'm zoomed in on. The shading should follow from the location on the
> down screen to the outline of the zoomed portion.
> Because I'm unsure of the actual terminology used to describe this
> I'm coming up dry when using Google to search for information on
> techniques I can use or maybe even which software has this capability.
> advTHANKSance for any insights... Rick :)

SnagIt Editor (7.x) does most of what you want. On the Effects menu, click

Lin Sims
The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion
of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!.

Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?: From: Rick Stone

Previous by Author: RE: Knowledge Base systems
Next by Author: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
Previous by Thread: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
Next by Thread: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads