RE: sharing an office

Subject: RE: sharing an office
From: "Mary Elizabeth" <msmith -at- medicfirstaid -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:30:26 -0700

>>If your boss is telling you to re-arrange your desk, re-arrange your
desk. Joe Malin

I don't think it's a question of whether or not the original poster is going
to rearrange her desk. Clearly her boss has issued an edict, and she will
have to fall in line whether her boss is right on this or not. If it were
me, I'd perhaps be a bit grumpy at having someone else dictate the
arrangement of my workspace no matter what his or her reason. In this case,
I'd certainly be interested to know if such a regulation existed or if my
boss was simply looking for an excuse to micromanage me. If it turned out
to be mere micromanagement and was combined with enough additional examples
of such micromanagement, I might start looking for another job.

~Mary Elizabeth Smith