Input on Employee Manual project

Subject: Input on Employee Manual project
From: "Ben Bristow" <btbris -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:01:07 -0500

I work at a law firm, and have been assigned to write the Employee
Manual for the support staff. This would be a proceedural, rather than
a human resources guide; they want something that documents the duties
and responsibilities of each paralegal, as well as general workflow in
the firm. It would be used to provide basic training to new hires.

This is a big task that also happens to be incredibly fortuitous for
me, as I will be attending grad school for Technical Writing this
year. I've not done documentation like this before though, and so I'm
wondering if anyone has any suggestions on style guides for this sort
of thing. I can provide more details if needed.

I'm well aware that this is a fairly general question, apologies if it
is too general. Thanks for any help in advance.