Re: Tiny Type for Product Inserts

Subject: Re: Tiny Type for Product Inserts
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:52:08 -0600 (CST)

Hello. I proofread product inserts for one of the big pharmaceutical companies. They used a very thin, very tough paper, but they didn't skimp on point size. It was probably a condensed Arial, say 9 point.

I believe the page was 11 by 17", and when folded tightly by some kind of machine, it folded up to a very small size. Yet, when open, it was legible.

I never tested the paper with oil or any other substance, but at least with the larger pt. size, you'd have a better chance of reading the type even if it is blurred.

Sorry I don't have the exact specifications, but anyway, that's what they did. (The inserts contained the same info repeated in about 8 languages, fyi).

--Nancy