Help!

Subject: Help!
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:43:56 -0600 (CST)

I have searched the MS Word MVP site; I've googled techwr-l; I've googled the large world . . . and the only useful hits I've found were people asking the same question I have -- and getting no replies!

Here's the problem: I've inherited a Word document that contains many graphics. I've also inherited a large directory of graphics, many more than are used in the doc. I'd like to know which of the graphics file are used in the document, without having to open them one by one and visually compare them to the doc graphics.

Initially, I saved the document as an html file, and did indeed get a folder of graphics files -- but Word autonumbered them! This got me no closer to identifying the source files that have been imported into my Word file.

IS there a way to generate a list of the file names of graphics that have been added to a Word file?

Thanks, one and all.