RE: Adobe's New RoboHelp 6 - Rob Houser's Review in WritersUA

Subject: RE: Adobe's New RoboHelp 6 - Rob Houser's Review in WritersUA
From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Somayya El Gemei" <SElGemei -at- mobilecom -dot- com>, "Ladonna Weeks" <ladonna -dot- weeks -at- comtrak -dot- com>, "Barbara Vega" <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:48:47 +1100

FYI - If you were running RH X5 with an older version of Word, and then
upgraded, everything works OK. If you have a new installation with Word
2003 on it, and then try and install RH X5 you hit a few problems. You
can get around them by installing the older version of Word, then RH,
then upgrading, or by some registry hack (that Infrastructure teams seem
to be against) that I don't have all the details of at the moment.

We don't use Word as the editor, just to generate some Word output, and
it works OK. Found out the hard way - most of us happily upgraded to
Office 2003, without affecting RoboHelp, then someone had a machine
crash and was given a new one. Of course, we have since upgraded to
Flare, but have not converted all our old help systems yet.

Margaret