Re: Nuts.

Subject: Re: Nuts.
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:22:11 -0700

I think "feeling valuable" is probably more a subject for an
"I'm ok, you're ok" philosophical discussion, but I think I
can more objectively feel "valued" based on the critieria I
mentioned previously (income, advancement, people coming
to me for advice, etc.).

As for "how I did it," if I had to try to pin it down I guess
my "how to" list would go something like this:

1. Be at least a bit "overqualified" for every job or
contract you pursue (or be prepared to put in
the effort to become so very quickly after getting
it).
2. Be ready to contribute in any area you can.
3. Be as aware as you can of "the big picture" and
not just your little corner.
4. Avoid jobs or contracts where you can't do 1-3.
5. Be prepared to recognize when the party's over
and leave before you overstay your welcome.

I've probably forgotten something, but it's the best I can
do on a Friday mornng before I've had my breakfast.

Gene Kim-Eng