Re: Edited PDF File Size

Subject: Re: Edited PDF File Size
From: "Seraphim Larsen" <azseraphim -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:00:24 -0700

Many programs write changes to existing files as incremental appendages to
the files. The incremental change is basically an instruction that says
"ignore all the pages of text that are encoded in the rest of this file".
But those pages are still buried there, and someone familiar with PDF
encoding could probably extract them.

The same thing happens in Word and many other applications. The purpose is
that it makes saving a file much faster.

To get the program to rewrite the file and discard unused portions, you need
to do a Save As.

Seraphim

http://www.RonPaul2008.comhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/seraphimlarsen

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList