Re: [TCP] Upgrade Anger to Tech Comm Suite.

Subject: Re: [TCP] Upgrade Anger to Tech Comm Suite.
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:06:14 -0800

>From the number of mailings I receive from companies offering to to take advance orders for their upcoming products weeks, and in
some cases months, before shipping, I would say there's something amiss in the idea that product ships can't be announced in
advance. The exact date, maybe (though I get a lot of those announcements as well).

As for the upgrade price, what I read is that Richard just spent up to $899 for FM8 and is now being offered the suite for an
upgrade price of $999. That's *in addtion* to what he just paid, making his total price using the "upgrade" offer $1898 vs. $1599
to buy it outright if he hadn't already bought FM8. Stand-alone prices for the remaining components in the suite are: Robo 7, $995;
Capitvate 3, $699; and Acrobat 8 3D, $995. I'd say that for anyone who already owns the current release of any of these and doesn't
have a burning need to have all of them this suite would not be attractive at the current upgrade price. And how often does anyone
need *all* the apps that make up a SW "suite?"

Illegal or shady, no. But really bad pricing and customer relations decisions. But it's Adobe, so where's the big surprise?

So yes, Richard, getting angry is being unrealistic. You should have just shrugged and said, "there they go again."

Gene Kim-Eng