RE: employment law, overtime

Subject: RE: employment law, overtime
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:39:51 -0600

Related to this topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacation

Notice that there's only ONE country in the entire list that does not
have a required minimum vacation period. No wonder so many of us are
overworked and overstressed! I remember starting at a new job, and not
being able to take any paid vacation time for over a year -- it ended up
being close to two years between when I was actually able to take
vacation.

At least where I'm at now, I have a great manager and we get to
(unofficially) take comp time when we've had to work extra hours. And
in a few months, I'll be up to three weeks of vacation!! Woohoo!!

I do like the setup some EU countries have where you and/or your
employer pay into a gov't-managed "holiday account," so no matter where
you work, there is money there for you to get paid when you take your
holiday.

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList