Re: Word autocreates styles no matter what

Subject: Re: Word autocreates styles no matter what
From: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:34:42 -0700

Nancy, you're half way there. Besides the option you've already turned off,
go to Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck "Keep track of formatting". It
takes turning off both of those options to stop runaway style creation.
-Sue Gallagher

On 5/1/08, Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:
> I've found a solution to my problem, but I don't understand the problem
> and wonder if I'm missing something.
> You know how Word creates new styles...
> According to Word help and every online site I found, if you deselect
> "Define styles based on your formatting", (Tools/Autoformat As You Type
> tab), this behavior goes away.
> It doesn't. Selected, deselected, Word keeps adding new styles. Why? Am I
> missing something?

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit

Word autocreates styles no matter what: From: Nancy Allison