Re: What should we call the "Central Area"?

Subject: Re: What should we call the "Central Area"?
From: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- soleratec -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:17:50 -0700

The work area.

-----Original Message-----
From: SB
Our GUI application is designed as follows:
- Top of the application window:
- *Title/Status Bar*
- *Main Menu*
- Middle part of the application window
- Left side: *Navigation Tree* (it is there throughout the
- Central area: an area that is changing when you click on the
relevant option on the navigation tree. This is essentially the
of interest for the selected choice under the navigation tree.
This "central
area" has its own Title/Status Bar and also includes the main
toolbar. A as
such (even before my time) it has always been referred to as "the
window" despite the fact that it does not open up in its own
- Bottom of the application window: Event list (trap table)

The technical writer working with me thinks it is wrong to call this
area the "XYZ Window" ...

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

GUI: What should we call the "Central Area"?: From: SB
RE: What should we call the "Central Area"?: From: Leonard C. Porrello

Previous by Author: Re: Word autocreates styles no matter what
Next by Author: Re: old school - A serious Question
Previous by Thread: RE: What should we call the "Central Area"?
Next by Thread: Re: GUI: What should we call the "Central Area"?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads