Re: What should we call the "Central Area"?

Subject: Re: What should we call the "Central Area"?
From: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- soleratec -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:17:50 -0700

The work area.

-----Original Message-----
From: SB
Our GUI application is designed as follows:
- Top of the application window:
- *Title/Status Bar*
- *Main Menu*
- Middle part of the application window
- Left side: *Navigation Tree* (it is there throughout the
application)
- Central area: an area that is changing when you click on the
relevant option on the navigation tree. This is essentially the
area
of interest for the selected choice under the navigation tree.
This "central
area" has its own Title/Status Bar and also includes the main
toolbar. A as
such (even before my time) it has always been referred to as "the
XYZ
window" despite the fact that it does not open up in its own
separate
window.
- Bottom of the application window: Event list (trap table)

The technical writer working with me thinks it is wrong to call this
central
area the "XYZ Window" ...

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList